Agriculture is the backbone of every nation and a major vehicle for growth, development and prosperity. Africa in terms of agriculture productivity is saddled with lag in technological employment and hence reduction in productivity. Research is seen as a 21st century plan strategy to boost agricultural output for food security in Africa. The broad objectives of ADRRI in this category is:
- Research into new methods of food production in Africa through donor sponsorship.
- Liaise with donor agencies in the field of agriculture to conduct research leading to reduction in yield of crops.
- Provide agriculture extension education with coordination from agricultural extension officers in Africa.
- Provide a forum for the formulation of agricultural policies in Africa.
- Offer support with the supervision of donor and international organisations to deprived hinterlands of Africa
- Workshops on policy evaluations on agricultural research activities to shape and modernize the agriculture sector of Africa.